Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2007

See Me See Wahala! Make I send Zenith Bank Reshage Card. Processing Fee Ko Processing Fee Ni

I woke up this morning and as I switched on my Phone, viola! a text message arrives (standard Nokia text message tone). Some times when I hear this text tone, I get excited because its either of two things. A client wants me to meet up with him to give me a job or some other good business news. Not that bad news dont come but for a text message to come through my business mobile line, it must be good especially on a monday morning.

This particular message came into my phone and got my attention immediately. It read like this:

"Congratulations! you have won N150,000.00. Your No. is among the 42 lucky winners of Lacasera Drink Bonanza, Ticket No. V020. Call 07031093502 or 08066859617 to claim your prize."

For a few seconds I was excited! I've never won any bonanza before or anything like it. But wait a minute! I never entered for any Lacasera Bonanza? O-yeah! na wah! for this Naija sef! .

Ok. I decided to play along and see how far it all goes. So I've got a few units on my phone to spare. I called the Number and a guy answered.

Now I dont know how or why this guy had to be sounding like he is from Jand (you know how a deep yoruba accent combiness with a wannabe american accent. His entire A and H are interchanged).

Here is our conversation:

Mr. 419: 'ello. Aow ha you ma frend!'
I said: 'Hello. emm, I got a text this morning that said I should call this number.

Mr. 419: 'Oh! Congratlasions! I shee you ha wan hof the Lacasera lucky winners.'

I said: Yes, Really? ...Ok.

Mr. 419: Ok. The Celebrations is hon now. We will like for you to follow our instructions so has to redeem your prize. So call me back in five minutes.

Click!... and he went off the line.

After like 15 minutes I called him back and he went through the same rehearsed 'ello! aow ha you ma frend. So I told him I was asked to call back.

Mr. 419: 'Congratlations once again! Now lisen carefully to this instruction on aw to redeem your prize of N150,000.00

I said: Am listening.

Mr. 419: We need you to send your name, age, mobile phone no and account No. as text message to this particular no. hand hin hoda for Zenith Bank to process your prize money, you will scratch N3000 Globacom resharge cards and send to this no. By the way Zenith Bank his the official bank that pays the prize money. This hiss to enable Zenith Bank sell the resharge cards and use the money to process your prize money to send to your account.

In my mind, am like: Ekwe! Sweet melody! Sing on broda! Since when did Zenith Bank start stooping so low, abi all na recapitalization techniques?

So I said: Abeg! call me back ma credit do finish so we go fit round up.

He called back!

So I said: Wait a minute Oga! I believe that Zenith Bank as "small a bank"as they are would not want to be collecting recharge cards instead of money as payment for services.

(Even Dundees Do 419. Naija don scatter finish)

Mr. 419: (Full of confidence) Ma frend, you can some over to hour hoffice in No.(somewhere in Lagos) So you can join your fellow celebrants to celebrate.

And I said: I dont Live in lagos (in my mind i said: "Oh! so recharge card no do you, you also wan cut my head and private part wey you go take do juju for money. your fada").

Mr. 419/Ritualist: It will be nice for you to come over so the money will be handed over to you in person. But anyway as you are not in Lagos. Just send the resharge card. No problem.

So I said: Can we do it this way (my naija sense kicking in). I will send my account No. Pay in N147,000 and pay Zenith Bank the remaining N3000. That way its a lot easier for both of us. Better still, just give me N100,000. Take N47,000.00 and give Zenith Bank their 3k. If you no gree for that one, make we split the money 50/50 just give me ma own share i no dey greedy.

Man did I get a click? The loudest for that matter. The line went dead!

9 comments:

simsoft said...

i also receive the same type of text message this morning at exactly 06:23;44 that says "Congratulations! you have won #300,000 your no is among the 50 lucky winners of the Lacasera Drink bonanza ticket no.25FG call 08060316724 to claim your prize." at first I was happy bbut I said before I make any call When I get to the office I will confirm online but to my greatest suprise Lacasera Drink doesn'e have a web site, as I read futher the available informations I see the story of the person that experience the same thing last year so I did not border my self calling any number.
thanks to google.

maudlyn said...

thanks to God,an unknwon number has been flashing me since two days ago,and shortly after the flash today i received this humorous text,congratulating me for winning 250k from lacasera,well i called when i got to the office and one leonard(thats what he said his name was)picked with that wannabe accent.well after every every he said to call him back in 10mins,well idid(who no like money)he said he had confirmed my num& price men 250k!he said listen carefully,your options are you either come to abuja with your national id and 3k or simply send3k through our account for procesing your cheque,i asked him to deduct from the money but he declined saying the cheque had been endorsed already.by the way he said lacasera was having a five year annivesary.well i decided to go on net and check for lacasera bonanza,na im i find this info oo!thank God.

Anonymous said...

Na so me sef see am ooo... dese scammers, internet no do them now is their kinsman dey want dey scam. Thanks God say i no be dundu...i for don enter one chance.

Anonymous said...

seriously dis guys are mad they sent me 2 messages dat i won 250,000 and i should call mr thank god i was wondering wat kind of name was dat so i called and he told me 2 call back i figured it was scam so after 2 times i didnt call back den another text came a week after said i won 200,000 i called d guy mr sunday and lashed him dat they were into fraud and sent him the message he said he called the other guy who was a fraud and told me he wasd director of lacasera i laughed and he told me 2 call the next day wen i called d next day he said i should send 1500 mtn i knew sometin was up so didnt send the credit d guy still had the guts to flash me ..imagine such nonsense after i told him dat wen u win a show they dont text but call u to get ur prize ..silly dem they arent smart after all..lol

Anonymous said...

Thank God for this wonderful site, God bless u all. I got a text this morning (6:59am) it reads "You are a winner of 250,000.Your phone no is among the 9 lucky winners of (LACASERA DRINK COMPANY)code no Call Mr. Tom Office No 08131889684 to claim". Coincidentally, i was thinking about raising some money at this period but i quickly thought - i never put in for any promo or bonanza and so i suspected a foul play. I got to my office and went online through goggle(thank God for the power of internet), and i was amazed to read the same story line as far back as 2007! Naija, Na wa o. Well, i didnt bother calling at all. I trust God that if this people refuse to repent, God will expose and disgrace them. My advice to fellow countrymen? Be contented with what God has given you or else, greed will push you into the hands of these people. God bless Nigeria. Olatunde -Lagos

Anonymous said...

I just got this text just now and decided to check it out and blah! This is what I've found. These guys are in this just for recharge cards that they may sell. But the person that said the fraud asked him to pay to zenith bank should have verified if zenith bank is actually associated with fraud. Naija survival struggles!

Unknown said...

i also receive the same type
of text message this morning
at exactly 10:23 am, that says
"Congratulations! you have
won #200,000 your no is
among the 42 lucky winners
of the Lacasera Drink
bonanza ticket no.MTN3 call
08100527744 to claim your prize.I thank God i dn't involve in it

Unknown said...

i also receive the same type
of text message this morning
at exactly 10:23 am, that says
"Congratulations! you have
won #200,000 your no is
among the 42 lucky winners
of the Lacasera Drink
bonanza ticket no.MTN3 call
08100527744 to claim your prize.I thank God i dn't involve in it.

Feyisara said...

Nawa o,me too received d msg dis morni o that i hav won 250,000 naira,i was flabbergasteid cos me dont take lacasera,i was asked 2 cal a no,i called d no at first and d guy who i think was just wakin up lashed me,it must be dat he has forgoten the package he was into,but when i called few minutes later it was to ma utter amazement 2 hear the same guy speakin wit a diff accent o,na wa,the fact dat i used ma etisalat no instead of the mtn must hav bein d one dat gave him away,he den asked me 2 send him 150
mtn recharge card wit ma acct no,thanks to dis website o,i jst decided 2 check if there ws any such news about lacasera o,and i read other people's comments,nawa 4 419